Sunday, October 4, 2009

Drained

After four days of kinda rushed training, we took calls on the production floor for the first time last night. We were stressed. I was stressed. I wanted to not continue the shift and go home. It was so queuing and I was having the most difficult time navigating the system and the tools, and answering queries that we weren't able to discuss during training. I am three years old in the call center industry and have experienced the worst customers ever taking a lot of escalated calls in my short career, but nothing compares to lack of product knowledge. I thought that if I'm having a hard time, how much more my batchmates who are first timers.

We were all so drained at the end of the shift, and a lot were already thinking about quitting. Another reason for their discouragement is that we were told by our so-called mentors that we will have a mock call and an online examination after the 17-day training, and if you fail in either, you'll not get the measly training allowance we're supposed to get after the training.

I decided not to quit just yet. I will give it another shot when we resume work on Monday. I'll do the best I can, and see if I'll stay or I'll go.

No comments: