Sunday, September 19, 2010

Cough and Theatre

I'm still sick, well not really sick but still having this terrible cough for a couple of weeks now. No, I didn't go for a check up because all the symptoms point to URTI, something I've experienced a couple of years ago which the medicine is really expensive. I can't afford any expensive meds now so for the past week, I've been doing the water therapy and prayers.

A little more than a week to go before our shows - 14 shows in 4 days, and I will be performing in 7, with my alternate doing the other 7. My sis, Kazie, will also be doing 7 shows and out of those 7, we'll be performing together in 4 shows (or is it 5?). I'm very excited but scared because I know I will still have this cough during the show, unless a big miracle will happen. I trust in the Lord though that He will never leave me. I've also been trying to practice a different singing technique where I can still sing despite this cough and sore throat.

Theatre is my passion that even if it entails a lot of sacrifices and I get nothing in return, I would never give it up. As long as there is an opportunity to do it, I will always embrace it.


No comments: