Saturday, January 5, 2013

Missing the Academe

I am so tired already of working in a contact center. Yes, I've been with the BPO industry for 7 years already and I think this is more than enough. I've always believed that this job is for the younger generation, especially those without any other responsibilities.

I so miss those times that I am always available for my family's activities. Whenever my daughter has a presentation in school, or my sister has an event, I was always there. Until I started working in the BPO industry, that is. Yes, there were times when I was able to be with them, but that has been so rare in the past 7 years.

I don't regret leaving my first job as an educator and the assistant of the university president because working in the corporate world has taught me a lot that I couldn't have learned if I just stayed put. I miss the academe now, and it's not easy going back. It's kinda sad that even with my credentials, it's difficult for me to go back to the academe because there'll always be 'favorites' and 'backers' whether it's a private or state university.
I will always be an educator. Even now that I'm not working in a school. That's something in me that no one will be able to take away. I'm just praying that for this new year, I would have the opportunity to be a professor again, and not just an educator.

No comments: