Tuesday, January 15, 2013

What I Would Say To My 20-Year Old Self


I just stumbled upon the idea while going around online. It's a simple title, but it struck me because it has been 12 years since I was 20 years old, and so much has happened since then.

I know I've done a lot of stupid decisions in the past, but I don't think I would like to take them back even if given the chance. I am who I am today because of what happened yesterday, and yester.. uhm.. years?

If I can say something to my 20-year old self, it's this..

Hey, next year you'll be graduating from college. It's not yet too late to work harder starting now so you'll have better grades when you graduate. I know that you've always said that grades are really not important when you apply for a job, but I tell you, sometimes they are. You won't lose anything if you just work harder, and you'll have a lot to gain.

Also, just a tip, since you will be working in a state college, do your best to behave. So many eyes will be on you as the youngest member of the community so do not give them reasons to talk about you because as you know, when gossip will spread, it will be blown out of proportion and you definitely wouldn't want that. You've always been mature for your age, so I know you understand this.

Lastly, just enjoy your life and appreciate everything that comes your way. After all, you will not be passing this way again.

No comments: