Thursday, February 18, 2010

Beauty and the Beast

Day 2 of the 30 Day Challenge - Your Favorite Movie

Another very difficult topic.


If you click on my profile, you can see that I have a lot of favorite movies, and that list is not even complete. One of my most favorite though is Disney's Beauty and the Beast.


I was 11 when the movie first came out, and I immediately fell in love with it. It's filled with charm, wit, romance, humor, adventure, and plenty of songs and music that it may be the best animated movie of all-time.

As a child who was very shy and low in self-esteem, the movie was an inspiration to me that even if you're not beautiful outside, people will still see what's inside of you. For the longest time, the Beast was my most fave character and became my dream role when Beauty and the Beast opened in Broadway in 1994. I've played a lot of roles on stage but the Beast is a character I have been playing my whole life, but never on stage.

I've always considered myself a real-life Beast, and I still do. And yes, I've found my real-life Belle many years ago. We're still on our way to our happy ever after with our beautiful daughter, and we're enjoying each moment of our journey.

Ever just the same
Ever a surprise

Ever as before

Ever just as sure

As the sun will rise ♥

No comments: