Friday, February 12, 2010

Love Rocks rocked Cebu

OMG!

Arnel Pineda is a Rock God! He really is. And he rightfully deserves all the success and blessings that he has now because of what he is: A very humble little man with a big heart and lungs of steel.

Cebuanos have always been critical music lovers, and one of the most difficult to please audience. That is the reason why the Concert King, Martin Nievera, for the longest time would always start his year in Cebu. And in all the concerts that I've been to, I rarely see the Cebuano audience rock and dance while watching.

Tonight was an exception.

The Pacific Grand Ballroom of the Waterfront Hotel was total electric. Arnel's energy was simply amazing from the sound check a few hours earlier (yes, I was that early) until the end of the concert. If I'm not mistaken, AP sang 34 songs, including a surprise that brought the house down: a medley of Journey hits.

I'm also very proud that of all the great artists around, it was Shin Shin who was chosen as guest in AP's first major solo concert. As always, she did not disappoint as she rocked with AP.

Wow! I'm still high from attending my very first rock concert. Well, technically, this is my second as I watched the After Image band when I was way younger, but yeah, I witnessed Arnel Pineda rock in the flesh belting out all my favorite rock and a few slow songs.

I am a witness.


No comments: