Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Grade One

We're finally halfway through the year 2010, but more importantly, school will open in a little more than a week. My daughter will already be in Grade One. I knew that there will be a lot of things we needed to buy, but I didn't expect it to be so expensive!

All her textbooks cost Php 3,160 and her other school supplies (notebooks, pencils, etc.) cost a little over a thousand pesos. Since her bag in pre-school is very small, we needed to buy a much bigger one and though it was on sale, it still cost Php 950. Black leather shoes and rubber shoes for PE cost Php 500, school uniform cost Php 600, and we still have to buy her PE uniform next week which cost around Php 200. Tuition for the whole year is around Php 35,000. We haven't even bought her snacks and lunch yet.

I'm not complaining though the prices were just shocking. And yeah, we're all pretty excited and scared at the same time. It will be a whole new world for us all. I just hope and pray that my daughter will be safe always.

No comments: