Thursday, June 10, 2010

Missing Katrina

It's only her second day at school, and her very first whole day class, yet I miss my daughter already. I am so used to her being at home all the time. When she was in preschool, they only had half-day classes so she was already home during lunchtime. This week, their classes are until 2:20 PM, and starting next week until the end of the school year, they'll be until 3:45 PM.

With my (graveyard) shift now, I can spend time with my daughter when she arrives late in the afternoon until evening when I tuck her to bed before going to work. Next month, my shift will not allow me to spend with her at least during weekdays. She'll still be in school when I go to work, and she'll be sleeping when I get home. Major bummer. I have to spend time with her whenever I can because she's growing up fast. Time will come (I hope not soon) when she'd rather be spending time with her friends than her parents. :'(

No comments: