Saturday, July 17, 2010

Disney Auditions

Today will be the auditions for new vocalists in Hong Kong Disneyland here in the Philippines. It will be at the Ryan Cayabyab Music School the whole day today. I can still remember my audition experience many years ago, where I performed my fave Out There from the Hunchback of Notre Dame in front of all American Disney staff. It was nerve wracking but it was a wonderful experience. My adrenaline was pumping that it was so easy for me to sing such a difficult song. I was sent an email to go to the music school for another set of auditions but I was not able to go because I didn't have any money to pay for the plane or boat. I joined the initial auditions in the first place just so I can experience what a real audition was like.

An old friend of mine, Ate Donna, auditioned and got in. She's still performing there until now. Here's one of her performances.


As for me, no one will ever know if I was good enough to be accepted or not. I would like to experience and try it again, but it's been so long since I last sang. My voice now is nothing compared to that time when I first auditioned. Sad but true. Because of work and its erratic shift schedules, I've no time to even vocalize regularly anymore.

No comments: