Monday, July 26, 2010

Journey Live in Manila

A million Thank you's to Sir Egay of the Bisdaks for giving me a limited copy of Journey Live in Manila Double DVD exclusively distributed by Walmart. I've been an Arnel Pineda and Journey fan for so long, but because of our tight budget, I haven't been able to buy any of Journey's albums. I was just contented with watching their vids and listening to their songs on YouTube.

Now, I don't only have my own Journey DVD, and not only do I have a special copy that's not sold here, I have the video of one of Journey's most special shows. Although they've been performing all-around the world, JLIM was the first time Journey performed in the Philippines, and the first grand homecoming of hometown hero, Arnel Pineda.

Watching the whole concert, a total of 2 hours, 25 minutes and 25 seconds, I wasn't able to control my tears. It was a very proud moment for AP performing in front of his kababayans and a prouder moment not just for the 30,000 Filipinos who watched it live, but for all the Filipinos all throughout the globe. Here's the guy who once slept on the sidewalks of Manila, who sold bottles for money to buy food, performing as a member of one of the greatest rock bands of all-time. Watching the video, you can see that the audience was not only composed of Filipinos, but also of Journey and AP fans from all over the globe. And the band didn't disappoint, especially AP who sang his hearts out and bared his soul in every song.

Mabuhay ka Arnel!

Mabuhay kayo Journey!

Mabuhay ka Sir Egay!

No comments: