Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Soul Mate

My wife just got promoted again. I've lost count how many times she's been promoted, but I'm just thankful that she was. Her promotion is a big, big help to our family especially that our little girl is now in Grade One. I remember reading about husbands becoming insecure if their wives are earning more than them, and I just can't get why. I am very much secure and very happy that my wife is earning more than me. I really don't care who's earning more as long as we can provide for our daughter, and we can make both ends meet.

We are very far from being the perfect couple as we're both very imperfect individuals, but with the Lord's help, we've doing our best to be at least perfect for each other. I really don't know how to define a soul mate, but if ever there is a soul mate for each person, I'm lucky that I married mine.

A soulmate is someone who has locks that fit our keys,
and keys to fit our locks.
When we feel safe enough to open the locks,
our truest selves step out
and we can be completely and honestly who we are;
we can be loved for who we are
and not for who we're pretending to be.
Each unveils the best part of the other.
No matter what else goes wrong around us,
with that one person we're safe in our own paradise...
When we're two balloons,
and together our direction is up,
chances are we've found the right person.
Our soulmate is the one who makes life come to life.

- Richard Bach

No comments: