Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bad Day

It's my day-off and my new DSL was finally installed this morning. I'm supposed to feel happy but I'm not. Well, I was happy this morning when they installed my internet connection, that meant I don't have to rely on my Globe Visibility anymore. My happiness was cut short though when the Orlando Magic defeated my Cleveland Cavaliers in Game One of the Eastern Conference Finals. Adding to that, I received a text message from my Coach that I am in danger of getting an FA for failing to meet the quality standards for two consecutive pay periods. Getting an FA means no Bonus and in danger of being terminated if it progresses. Full of mixed emotions, I forced myself to sleep after lunch.

I woke up almost 10 PM and went web surfing, hoping to find something that can brighten my evening. What I found just made me cry some more.

I just found out that three of my beloved mentors in elementary and high school already passed away. What's more painful is that I wasn't even there to attend their respective wakes and interments. I was not able to say goodbye to three of the people I looked up to and respected so much. What I am now is partly because of them. I spent six of the best years of my life in Don Bosco, under their guidance.

No comments: