Friday, May 22, 2009

Bro. Berns Villasanta, SDB

On April 2, 2008, the Feast of Blessed Pedro Calungsod - Cebu's martyr, and the birthday of Saint Dominic Savio, Bro. Bernard "Berns" Villasanta, SDB also breathed his last in the presence of his brother, Fr. Patrick Villasanta, SDB, his whole family and his rector Fr. Jhun Paradiang, SDB, after 24 years of suffering since his fatal accident when he was a Practical Trainee in DBTC that left him paralyzed. He had a heart attack at 5:20 am this morning and died at 6:15 am. Bro. Berns almost reached his 48th birthday which was supposed to be at the end of that month.

Bro. Berns was my favorite writer, and one of my most favorite persons. He was extremely good and was very humble. I remember that he once wrote inspiring articles for a magazine anonymously by just signing his articles with A Salesian Brother. It didn't take long though for people to convince him to put in his real name.

I miss his inspiring talks and writings, his wheelchair rides and his smile that never failed to welcome anyone who went to visit him. He is missed dearly but he is certainly now in heaven interceding for us. He had always been an example of zeal in the apostolate even in his condition, an example of joyous fidelity in tribulation.

Pray for us, Brods!


* Thank you to Fr. Nioret for the picture, some of the text and information.

1 comment:

urjan said...

I am one of his caregiver before in Don bosco liloan since 1999 until 2007. Until now his words remains in my mind and heart. My mentor, my father and my motivator. He was my inspiration and the reason i became a professional now. I miss him so much. We slept together, i drove his wheelchair and even his secretary. I miss you papa.