Saturday, May 30, 2009

What Workshop?

I really think we're wasting our time and money enrolling our daughter in this so-called TV Acting Workshop! It's quite expensive and I'm really not impressed at all with the so-called Director and her assistants (people that look like her sister, husband and sons). They are not time-conscious and extend beyond lunch time not thinking of the hunger the children and the waiting parents are feeling. Then instead of a workshop, all they did since the start was rehearse the kids for their culmination activity. They're supposed to teach/train the kids through the workshops before they will supposedly rehearse for the culmination, no wonder the kids are having a difficult time with their 2 lines of dialogue and their this-is-your-blocking-today-but-not-tomorrow style which is so inconvenient. A lot of times the directors seem lost in the middle of practices.

It was my wife who was so excited to enroll our daughter in this workshop after she successfully attended a dance workshop. This is a lesson learned. I will not enroll my daughter again in any extra curricular class until I will know the people behind it. By the way I'm looking at it, the members of our theatre company are way better directors and facilitators than these people. Their culminating activity is 10 hours from now. Let's see what happens.

No comments: