Sunday, June 21, 2009

Manila - Second Day




Woke up early and prepared early for the wedding of the century. Because of the distance and traffic, we made sure that we left the apartment way early to avoid being late. Turned out, we were too early. While mom and the others stayed in the car, I went ahead to the church, eager and excited. The chapel was situated in the middle of an expensive village and you can really see from its interior and exterior that it was not a mere chapel, but more of an expensive church. When I got in, there was a wedding. Actually, the wedding just started when I got in. No, it wasn't my cousin's wedding yet. It was another couple's wedding and I attended the whole ceremony since it was airconditioned inside. It was more relaxing inside attending someone else's wedding than staying outside and waiting for the next wedding to start.

The wedding, my cousin's, went as scheduled and boy what a wedding it was. Everything was perfect. I was assigned to be the Commentator in the mass. Good thing there was a misalette which served as my guide or else, I would have missed a few please all stand's and amen's.

The reception was one of the grandest I've ever been into. The food, the music, and most people were great. But what made the evening more special was the speech of Tito Nardy, the bride's father. It was something not prepared but everyone who heard the speech became emotional. It was one of those speeches that you can feel came from the heart. It was actually the highlight of the reception. For me personally, my highlight was to meet cousins of my cousins who I haven't met yet before.

Before the reception ended, I met one of my classmates in elementary and high school who's now a movie star, Marco Alcaraz, who introduced me to his friend, Precious Lara Quigaman, who was very beautiful in person. No wonder she represented the country in the Miss Universe pageant a few years back. I would have wanted to have my picture taken with them since it's been centuries since Marco and I last saw each other, but my aunt kept on bugging me to get her bag from the car. Too bad Marco and Lara were no longer around when I got back.

After the reception, I went with my cousin to a place called Fiamma. I don't know if I spelled that right, but it turned out, it was a bar with a lot of people, dressed-up people, drinking, dancing and socializing. Being the anti-social that I am sometimes, I decided not to go into the bar with them. Instead, I explored Manila and walked and walked and walked.

I decided to go home when I thought of no place to go to. I passed by a 24-hour noodle store, ate breakfast (it was already early dawn), and went home.

No comments: