Saturday, July 18, 2009

Miscommunication?

I was excited to go to the Job fair yesterday and ended up quite disappointed. I was only looking forward to one position in one company that they advertised in the papers a few days before. The recruitment queue of that company was long so I had to wait for a long time for my turn. When I finally gave my resumé to the lady, she immediately told me that there had been a miscommunication and that position that I wanted to apply for was on freeze hiring for the time being. It was like I was in a tunnel with the light up ahead, a light which meant a new life with a new company, and all of a sudden, that light is extinguished.

Tonight I'll be going back to work with a heavy heart. I love the company I'm in right now, I just don't love the client since they're practically treating us like robots. Perfect robots. Hey, even robots are not perfect. Good for Chevy, she'll be starting over with the other account in the same company. It's a new start for her. I would gladly volunteer to be transferred to that account anytime. That is, if I don't find greener pastures somewhere else. Come to think of it, we don't have green pastures now. We're like looking for food in a desert. Anywhere with a pasture on it will really push me to go there.

No comments: