Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Song

One of my closest friends in theatre, Candice, will be coming home next week from Norway for the wedding of her younger brother. Candice and I were the on-stage partners in Les Misérables years ago when we played The Thénardiers for many productions. I've also known Lloyd, her brother, since we were schoolmates back in high school. How fast time flies. Now Lloyd will be getting married. And since I will also be attending the wedding, there's a slight pressure for Candice and I to share the stage for a song or two. That is the problem.

Not really a problem, but until now, a few weeks before the wedding, we still haven't decided on what song/s to sing. Candice suggested Sun and Moon from Miss Saigon, while I suggested The Prayer. Personally, I want to do a Broadway medley but that will be too much considering the fact that we may not be able to rehearse. I also want to do the Forever-On the Wings of Love medley by idol Martin and Regine. Candice said it's too high. I agree, but at the same time, I think we will be able to handle it.

I hope we will be able to decide on the song/s soon, so we will just do the rehearsals once Candice arrives next week.

No comments: