Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Suicide Queue


The new pay period started the other day, and guess what? We have been given new metrics yet again. The calls for the past couple of weeks have been coming in non-stop because of the client closing millions of accounts. The normal 12 to 24 calls that I receive during weekdays is nothing but a memory. Those Sundays where I would take just 7 to 10 calls are but things in the past. The queue now is simply dizzying, and causing a lot of stress to everyone. And adding to that, the client now gave us metrics that are IMPOSSIBLE to achieve, even by the best and brightest advisors that we have. It's simply telling us that one, they are not willing to give us the bonuses and incentives we used to have with our former client, and two, they just don't care about us and it will be very much okay for them not to continue as being our client.

Last night alone, we were queuing the whole shift because aside from the millions of people calling us about their closed accounts, we were short by 4 advisors. The replacement for our termed teammate hasn't started yet, one was on VL to supposedly watch Boyz II Men, two called in sick. Tonight is my last shift before I have my day off again tomorrow, and I've decided to just let go of the pressures to hit the metrics. The metrics simply can't be hit. It's that simple so why try and hit it. They can have our bonuses. I need the money but right now, I just don't care. It's just sad that not too many companies are hiring right now. Well, I will hang on as long as I can, and I've proven a lot of times before that if I can't hold on anymore, no one will be able to stop what I'll do next.

No comments: