Sunday, March 7, 2010

Singing

Day 19 of the 30 Day Challenge - A Talent of Yours

Singing.

I don't consider it a talent, but a gift given to me by the Divine so I can share it with others. No, I don't think I'm a good singer. I don't even consider myself a singer, just someone who loves music and who loves to sing.

I've been singing publicly (it started in school) since I was 5 years old, but started coming out of my shell when I joined theatre in high school. Ever since, I've been blessed to have been invited to sing in weddings, parties, company events, variety shows, TV shows and concerts. It's also because of singing that I've met a lot of new friends, some of which are from show business. Singing, though not really something I can make a career of, has given me a lot and made me what I am today, that's why I consider it a blessing.

There are also a lot of regrets I have had with singing, but those are things in the past that I can't do anything about anymore. I believe in second chances, and I believe that if something is really meant for me, it will be mine in His own time.

No comments: