Sunday, March 28, 2010

Our Song

Day 8 of the 30 Day Song Challenge - A song that you know all the words to

One song that I've sung more than any other song is You Are My Song by my greatest musical influence, Martin Nievera. He composed the song with his best friend Louie Ocampo originally for Regine Velasquez as theme song for Regine's movie, Wanted Perfect Mother. Martin recorded 2 renditions of the song, the acoustic (just a piano for accompaniment) and the Mad Man version (complete orchestration and back-up vocals), and became instant hits too.

During the time when he was making this song, it was just because of the movie. Later on, it became the song that he dedicated to Katrina. This has become Martin's sort of anthem and his concerts are never complete without this song. I, too, have embraced this song and it's still one of the most requested songs in most of my gigs.

No comments: