Friday, March 12, 2010

Fall Guy

Day 24 of the 30 Day Challenge - Whatever Tickles Your Fancy

Tonight, our Operations Coordinator was here to conduct an investigation as to what really happened as ordered by the CEO (owner) of the company. We talked for about an hour, and after that, he also spoke with my office mates. Management really wants me to take the fall for what happened. They just can't admit that the incident happened because the computers in the office are very ancient.

Whatever decision they come up with, I am ready. They've been blaming me from the start, so I won't be surprised if they'll blame me officially in front of my client. Having a fall guy is such an easy thing to do rather than admit to the client that the company is using old computers with old CRT monitors.

I've started to update my curriculum vitae already. I don't want to leave the company. Not yet anyway, but if worst comes to worst, I am ready. My conscience is clear, and I'm happy my office mates are on my side because they are the ones who know the real story as they are with me the whole shift. Sometimes though, that's still not enough if you're against high and mighty individuals who are closed-minded.

4 comments:

Empress_Of_Drac said...

Waaah...mao diay to nakig-talk namo tanan si Richell. Mao jud...atot jud ning N oist...pataka lang ug pamasangil...tsk...tsk...Pero niana si Richell nga okay naman daw, Son...

Kal-El said...

A lot of lessons learned in my short stay. Thank you for being one of the bright spots in my memory of the company. :)

Empress_Of_Drac said...

Huh? Moresign na ka? Hahaist...Nipass naka ug resignation letter to Richell? Kafaet...):

Kal-El said...

I told him my intention because of everything that's happened, though wala pako pass letter.. I'm planning to make the most of April when I'll be in the swing shift, and leave after. :)