Sunday, March 14, 2010

Great Weekend

My weekend was busy but fun. Yesterday, some CTC members went to the house to hang out and to start familiarizing some of the songs for the planned musical. Today, I was able to hang out with one of my closest friends in high school who's now based in London. This is actually the first time we've seen each other after 10 years. We went to Cebu Coliseum to watch the PPV of Manny Pacquiao's fight with Josh Clottey, but since Clottey decided to become a turtle rather than a fighter, we had a lot of time to talk and catch up. Looking forward to seeing Lars again before he goes back to London next week.

Speaking of Clottey, he was a major disappointment in the biggest fight of his career. Yes, he was dancing his way to the ring, and yes, I think he's physically strong. He was just too scared to fight. He was really like a turtle who spent the whole 12 rounds hiding. I expected a lot from him since he has a fairly good record, but it turned out, he was just contented becoming a punching bag for Pacman. How bad was the fight? Pacman threw 1231 punches, while Clottey threw just 399, and a lot of it was during the final round already.

Except for the disappointing fight, my weekend was fun that I'm already looking forward to the next one.

No comments: