Sunday, March 21, 2010

Defying Gravity

Day 1 of the 30 Day Song Challenge - Your favorite song

I have a LOT of favorite songs, but if I have to choose one right now, it would be Defying Gravity from the musical Wicked. The melody is just so beautiful and the lyrics fit me so well. Almost all my life, I've always been someone who follows the rules, to the point of giving up on a lot of my hopes and dreams.

In a way, this song is inspiring me to go the distance, to defy gravity this 2010, my 30th year of existence. Some people, especially my parents, may not agree with the things I'll be doing, but I would like to try and fulfill my dreams again. This is not just for me, but for my daughter's future as well.

Here's the pop version of the song by its original Broadway singer, Tony award winner, Idina Menzel.


I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game

Too late for second-guessing

Too late to go back to sleep

It's time to trust my instincts

Close my eyes and leap!




No comments: