Friday, March 26, 2010

Father, I Have Sinned

Day 6 of the 30 Day Song Challenge - A song that reminds you of somewhere

I rarely hear the song The Prodigal Son in church nowadays, but whenever I hear it, wherever I am, I am brought back to my high school years inside the chapel of Don Bosco Technology Center. From Grade 5 until I graduated from high school, we had Mass everyday in school and almost every time, there's this part where the Priest and the people would sing this very beautiful song. The celebrating Priest would sing the chorus while the people would sing the stanzas. I've always known the song as The Prodigal Son, but in YouTube it's entitled Father I have Sinned.


Whatever the real title of the song is, it's one of the most beautiful songs I know, and one of the most meaningful. I just rediscovered this song just in time for the coming Holy Week.

I forgive you, I love you
You are mine, take my hand
Go in peace, sin no more
Beloved One.. ♥

No comments: